|You can do any workout you want but if you don't EAT BIG this will never happen to you!!!!!!|
Dumbbell Curls 3sets 8-12 reps
Isolation Curls 3sets 8-12 reps
Hammer Curls 3sets 8-12 reps
Reverse Curls 3sets 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Extensions Alternating One Arm 3sets 8-12reps
Cable Triceps Extensions 3sets 8-12reps
Cable Overhead Triceps Extension 3sets 8-12 reps
I thought this was a pretty solid routine, my arms would get some blood in them, especially once I started using NO-Xplode. But after a while I came to the realization that my arms really weren't changing much, confirmed by measurements that I had taken. My chest and legs had put on considerable mass, how come I still had stick arms?? Well my routine was a failure for a few reasons, 2 of them are hugely to blame:
- The emphasis put on biceps was unnecessary. I wanted bigger arms and I thought that meant bigger biceps! But your triceps are a much bigger muscle than your biceps, and if you want some WOMD attached to your shoulders you're going to need some huge triceps.
- Secondly I was using movements that aren't going to build big muscles. There is a place for those lighter "isolation" exercises, but if you want to get bigger you gotta do everything bigger!!!! I was using too many light exercises like DB Overhead Triceps Extensions.
Closegrip Bench Press 4sets 6-10 reps
Weighted Dips 4sets 6-10 reps
DB Overhead Extension 2arms 1DB 3sets 8-12 reps
BB Skull Crushers 3sets 8-12 reps
Barbell Curls 4sets 6-10reps
Preacher Barbell Curls 4sets 6-10reps
Machine Curls Alt Arms 3sets failure
Compare the new triceps lifts with the old ones, the amount of weight being moved in the new exercises is significantly more! Closegrip bench you should be able to nearly do as much as you can bench press, and dip strength will come with time, but eventually you'll be able to attach some weight to your body. I often have 100+ lbs. hanging from me on my last couple of sets!! These movements will force your arms to grow in order to adapt to this immense new stress.
For biceps I switched a lot to barbells, and I made sure to go heavy and not be afraid to throw some cheat reps in there. Safety always comes first but once you become comfortable with your form there is a safe way to do cheat reps, and they are an important part of introducing your body to new stress levels which will force it to grow/adapt!!!!
So stop picking up the 15lb. dumbbells and doing 100 curls and overhead extensions and wondering why you still have arms you could floss your teeth with! Bring those heavy compound movements into your arm day!!!
Lastly DO NOT forget that your arm work out is just a small piece of a much bigger puzzle. I got my arms from this workout, but I also needed to do all of the following things as well to accomplish what I have:
- Squat and Deadlift heavy. (These exercises are intense!!! When you do them your body releases a bunch of extra testosterone and growth hormones and these things are required in order to get some beefy arms!!!!!!!!!!)
- Eat a TON (I can't stress this enough, you have to eat over your caloric baseline consistently in order to put on muscle, don't ever be hungry!!)
- Sleep (You grow and recover when you're asleep, stop reading reddit until 5am, and instead go to bed earlier!!! Sleeping should be the easiest part of getting huge muscles, who doesn't looove sleeping?? But it's a part that a lot of people are missing in their lifestyle!!)